March 12, 2012

Spring has come

I've been neglecting this blog for such a long time I'm almost angry with myself. At least, I could be posting some everyday pictures, if not writing text entries. But I really hope to change this and update it at least once a week.

Spring has finally come here, but it didn't bring the warmth and flower blossoms right away, as usual, we'll have to wait until April, when everything starts to melt and trees cover in little leaves. The only thing I don't like about this period is that it's too short - one day you're walking down the street and look at those ugly piles of dirty snow lying in shadows, and two weeks after everything is covered with grass and fresh leaves that grow so fast, too fast even.. And then it's summer, and I'm already thinking about its end, like in that Doors' song, "summer's almost gone".. I don't know why, but it always seems to be so much shorter than winter. Maybe, because nights are shorter and all those days flow and roll towards August, when those leaves begin to lose their fresh color and slowly wither, and it's already a shadow of an approaching autumn.

Meanwhile, there are little trees growing on my windowsill. I'd bed them out in a forest or somewhere around our summer cottage, when they become stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment