May 12, 2013

I've always been a stargazer

In the beginning of May I went to the country, and of course I couldn't miss the chance to look at the stars. I'm not a pro in star photography - you can't set too high ISO sensitivity, as it would cause tons of noise, and if you have a long exposure (longer than 30 seconds), it would cause some blurring, as the Earth's rotation makes the stars seem to move. Of course, one may take interesting photographs, setting a very long exposure (hours), but that wasn't my goal. But still, here's my result.

The well-known part of the Ursa Major (Big Dipper) and a pair of stars from Canes Venatici (Hunting Dogs) - Cor Caroli (Charles' Heart) and β Canes Venatici (Chara), forming a "southern dog" together.

Roll over to see two constellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment